Thursday, October 13, 2005

About Me


Greetings and welcome to my food paradise. I know, there are lots of food blogs out there! There are so many that I admire, so many that give me ideas, and I want to contribute to that world. So...here I am. My name is Stacy and I am, by profession, a librarian and I live in Honolulu, Hawaii, though I am an Alaskan by birth, upbringing, and attitude.
Here I am with my man, Zach.
I love food and hope to share my culinary adventures with as many people as care to read them.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I too, am an Alaskan, and I read cookbooks like some people read novels. Like you, I like to eat foods in combinations and in the same way to recall past enjoyment and enhance the present. I am the very satisfied owner of a George Foreman grill and have had excellent results cooking on it except for the first time I used it. I cooked halibut and it turned out badly--like a shingle. Obviously the fault was mine---cooked too long. Happy eating! Tusen tak!!

7:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just read your review of Peter King's Gourmet Detective series. Thank you. Nero Wolf was a gourmet diner, but had little interest in sharing recipes.
Diane Mott Davidson writes mysteries and shares her recipes she uses as Goldie, a caterer who is constantly getting into situations with bodies and intrigue. One trouble I have with her doesn't involve her recipes, which I have tried and found them to be good. Rather it involves her exhusband who was abusive and continues his threats though no longer her mate. Goldie sustains injuries that would kill an average person in her bouts with crimes that seek her out. I have found myself crippled with aches and pains rather than salivating over her catered meals. There are other things about Goldie that hold my interest and imagination. I recommend trying one or two of the titles and some of the recipes. Good.

10:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home