Monday, October 31, 2005

Happy Halloween!


Well, it's that time of year again! That day when we all harken back to yesteryear and yearn for sticky, sweet, gooey candy--stuffing ourselves until we want to hurl. That day when we dress in silly costumes and revert to childhood. This is the only time of year that I have a candy corn craving!

I really love Halloween, but living in Hawaii makes it rather strange. In Alaska, when I was a child, the end of October ushered in winter. We would go trick-or-treating on a dark cold night, the scent of wood smoke in the air. A tropical night just isn't the same.

My man and I spend every Halloween in Waikiki, wandering around and watching people. The streets are packed with happy, inebriated adults acting like kids, and a good time is (for the most part) had by all.

I hope you all have a great, safe night, filled with sweets and bereft of guilt!
Happy Halloween!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home