Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Thanksgiving is on its way


Thanksgiving is just two days away, and I am in a frenzy of planning. Since there is just two of us, it is always a challenge to have a nice, traditional dinner without making more food than we can eat in left-overs by the end of the year.

This year I have decided to buy a breast of turkey (foregoing the whole bird!), and we will have potatoes, stuffing, and gravy on the side. We'll also have pumpkin pie and one other dessert, though I haven't reached a firm decision on what that will be.

When I was a kid at home, Thanksgiving was always a fun, festive time for me. My family loves to eat and, because we all like each other and enjoy one-another's company (most of the time), we never had the holiday-time angst that you read about in women's magazines. Our dinner was very traditional--Turkey, stuffing, gravy, potatoes, etc.

Zach and I have created our own traditions. Thanksgiving is our anniversary of being a couple (four years this year!) which makes it that much more special. Up until very recently I have been vegetarian, and this will be the first year we'll get to share a turkey dinner. I'm excited about that.

As with most big feasts, the excitment is in the preparation, and the joy is in the company we keep. I wish you the best and the happiest, and much for which to be thankful!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home